Move-In Day • New Students
Move-in Day marks the beginning of your Rochester University journey. We love welcoming new members into the RU family, and we want to make sure you feel welcomed and at home as soon as you arrive on campus. Move-in for NEW STUDENTS will occur Saturday, August 28 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Move-in for RETURNING STUDENTS will occur Sunday, August 29 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The following guidelines are placed to ensure a seamless move-in process:
- Only those who pass the health screening test will be permitted inside the residence halls – if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID on your Move-In Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule an individual Move-In Appointment.
- Face Masks/Vaccination: You may choose to wear a face mask to prevent getting or spreading COVID-19. Due to the high risk for close contact in the residence halls, it is encouraged that students get their COVID-19 vaccine. Oakland County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination Hub »
- For more information on RU’s COVID-19 resources, please visit https://my.rochesteru.edu/asset/covidstudent-resources/
- Don’t overpack – Don’t overload boxes making them too heavy to carry. You can avoid this common mistake by using smaller boxes. Smaller boxes are easier to manipulate when packing them into vehicles and much lighter for you and the move-in crew to carry.
- Be sure all your belongings are contained in boxes – Loose items are easily dropped or lost. Please make every effort to pack all your belongings inside boxes or containers. That includes hanging clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc.
- None of the buildings have elevators, so please try to keep boxes light to make it easier to carry upstairs.
- Bring a handcart or dolly
- Be patient!
Before you arrive on campus, please review RU’s Student Handbook. This handbook contains on-campus policies and additional helpful information.
We look forward to meeting you soon!