Payment and Paperwork Policy
WHAT: Beginning with the Fall 2021 semester, all Traditional, Accelerated Learning, and Graduate students will have a new payment and financial aid paperwork deadline of the Monday before the first day of each semester.
Fall 2022Due Date: 8/22/22
Spring 2023 Due Date: 1/3/23
Summer 2022 Due Date: 4/24/23
WHY: We want students to be able to start off the semester with having all paperwork and (if necessary) payment being made so you can be better prepared to focus on your studies and succeed academically.
ITEMS TO COMPLETE AFTER REGISTERING & BEFORE THE PAYMENT/PAPERWORK DEADLINE:
- Complete a FAFSA form at studentaid.gov
- Complete any missing items (i.e. verification, selective service, missing signatures, unusual enrollment history, etc)
- Accept or Decline all awards on the student portal at rochesteru.edu
- If accepting loans, students must complete:
- Entrance Counseling (EC)
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Parent PLUS Loan MPN (if applicable)
- Private/Alternative Loan secured (if applicable)
- New Traditional Students Only:
- Tuition and Fees Promissory Note
- Institutional Aid Renewable Policy
- If payment is due:
- If paying in full, payment is due the Monday before the first day of the semester.
- If doing a payment plan, the first payment is due the Monday before the first day of the semester.
- Students will receive an “Unofficial” email two times per month in June and July, notifying them of any outstanding items. One time per week during the first two weeks of August and then daily the week leading up to the deadline. Please do not ignore these emails.
- IMPORTANT: Students who do not complete all of the required steps will be administratively dropped from all of their courses on Tuesday following the payment deadline. You will not be able to move into the residence hall if a Traditional-Residential student.
- You will receive notification to your RU email that you have been administratively dropped from your courses.
- If you are administratively dropped from your courses and complete your paperwork/payment after the fact then you can re-register for courses. You may not be able to get back into the same courses as before. Traditional students must re-register by 4pm on the first Friday after the semester begins (Census Date). Graduate and Accelerated Learning students must re-register by Friday 4pm before the first day of the semester.
- Exceptions will be limited, but must be approved by Student Financial Services.
Please contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-218-2127 for any questions